These instructions walk you through how to stream from an encoder on ChefsFeed's livestream platform. If you want to learn how to host an experience on ChefsFeed's livestream platform, follow these instructions. If you prefer to stream from a browser, follow these instructions. The steps are the same whether you're on mobile or a laptop/desktop computer, except where noted.
1. Select STREAM FROM ENCODER (ADVANCED):
It may take several seconds for the RTMP info to generate:
2. Copy the RTMP info to your encoder. Ensure your settings abide by the limitations and best practices of our streaming technology partner, Brightcove. Then start streaming:
If you don't go live within 15 minutes of the experience start time, we automatically end the event and it can't be recovered.
Once the video comes through in the livestream studio, you're live! However, we don't broadcast the stream to guests until the experience start time. They'll see what you see, though the stream will be delayed 10–20 seconds depending on your configuration.
3. Stop streaming in your encoder. You can stop and start streaming as many times as you like. Guests will see a message that you've paused streaming. If you stop streaming for 15 minutes, we automatically end the experience.
4. End the test or experience in the livestream studio. If you stop streaming before the experience start time, we consider the stream a test and you'll see a button for END TEST, which will take you back to step one:
If you stop streaming after the experience start time, you'll see the option to END EVENT. Only select this when the experience is over. This button ends the experience entirely and starts processing the recording, which guests can view later at the same link.
5. Select OK in the pop-up warning you this will end the experience:
The experience is now over:
And a recording will be available once it's done processing: